(The public reports listed below are provided by the Sampson County Sheriff’s Office, the Clinton Police Department and the N.C. Highway Patrol via the Sheriff’s Office daily jail report.)
• July 19 — Everette Clark Hefner Jr., 41, of 175 Lee’s Chapel Church Road, Dunn, was charged on out-of-county warrants with forgery of instrument, uttering forged instrument and fraud-obtaining property by false pretense. Bond set at $5,000; court date is Aug. 12.
• July 19 — Chrystal Ours, 30, of 61 Deep Forest Lane, Newton Grove, was charged with two counts of simple physical assault and simple assault. Bond set at $750; court date is Aug. 22.
• July 19 — Dwight McCallop, 63, of 8471 Turkey Hwy., Turkey, was charged with trespassing. Written promise; court date is Aug. 1.
• July 19 — Rufus Williams Jr., 58, of 590 Southwood Drive, Clinton, was charged with communicating threats. Written promise; court date is Aug. 22.
• July 19 — Craig Bryant of Newton Grove reported items taken from his home. A tablet, two TVs, a laptop and a PlayStation 4 were valued at a total of $3,475.
• July 19 — Ernest Avery Jr. of Clinton reported the theft of a chainsaw, leaf blower and air compressor, valued at a total of $500.
Anyone with information about any of these incidents is asked to call law enforcement at 910-592-4141 (Sheriff’s Office) or 910-592-3105 (Clinton Police). Individuals can also text anonymous tips to the Clinton PD at 847411, beginning text with tipcpd.