(The public reports listed below are provided by the Sampson County Sheriff’s Office, the Clinton Police Department and the N.C. Highway Patrol via the Sheriff’s Office daily jail report.)
• July 26 — Jessica Veronica Estrada, 29, of 56 Renita Lane, Clinton, was charged with two counts of public assistance fraud. Bond set at $5,000; court date is July 29.
• July 26 — Matthew Justin Moore, 23, of 130 W. 6th St., Garland, was charged with obtaining property by false pretense. Bond set at $5,000; court date is July 29.
• July 26 — Lodell Maurice Bolton, 26, of 205 Shamrock Drive, Clinton, was charged with driving while impaired, driving while license revoked, reckless driving to endanger and drive left of center. Bond set at $3,500; court date is Aug. 9.
• July 26 — Amanda Dawn Bell, 38, of 3921 Roanoke Road, Newton Grove, was charged with assault on a child under 12. Written promise; court date is Aug. 23.
• July 26 — Tamra Murphy reported items removed from a Clinton residence. Two TVs and assorted jewelry were valued at $5,800.
• July 26 — Vic Durrett of Clinton reported a residential break-in, with two TVs, a printer, laptop and surround speakers stolen. Items were valued at approximately $3,750.
Anyone with information about any of these incidents is asked to call law enforcement at 910-592-4141 (Sheriff’s Office) or 910-592-3105 (Clinton Police). Individuals can also text anonymous tips to the Clinton PD at 847411, beginning text with tipcpd.