(The public reports listed below are provided by the Sampson County Sheriff’s Office, the Clinton Police Department and the N.C. Highway Patrol via the Sheriff’s Office daily jail report.)
• July 28 — Shaquala Lashay Smith, 25, of 4811 Bonnetsville Road, Clinton, was charged with simple assault. Bond set at $250; court date is Aug. 22.
• July 28 — Denise Norris, 34, of 178 D Tyndall Lane, Dunn, was charged with two counts of cyberstalking and communicating threats, and charged on out-of-county warrants with harassing phone call. Bond set at $500; court date is Aug. 24.
• July 28 — Suetta Ann Naylor, 59, of 977 Sandy Acres Lane, Clinton, was charged with simple physical assault. Written promise; court date is Aug. 12.
• July 28 — Marion Conner of Autryville reported the larceny of a Ford Escort, valued at $10,000.
• July 28 — Dale Peterson of Wallace reported a break-in and theft of two TVs, a TV stand and a .22-caliber rifle. Items were valued at $2,230.
Anyone with information about any of these incidents is asked to call law enforcement at 910-592-4141 (Sheriff’s Office) or 910-592-3105 (Clinton Police). Individuals can also text anonymous tips to the Clinton PD at 847411, beginning text with tipcpd.