(The public reports listed below are provided by the Sampson County Sheriff’s Office, the Clinton Police Department and the N.C. Highway Patrol via the Sheriff’s Office daily jail report.)
• Aug. 18 — Donovan Alan Romanek, 24, of 20 Finley Lane, Autryville, was charged with motor vehicle theft-recreation vehicle. Bond set at $5,000; court date is Aug. 26.
• Aug. 18 — Shirley Giddens, 67, of 4686 William R King Road, Newton Grove, was charged with simple physical assault. Bond set at $500; court date is Sept. 6.
• Aug. 18 — Harry Cummings of Clinton reported the theft of a kayak, valued at $750.
• Aug. 18 — Steven Fletcher of Roseboro reported the larceny of assorted antiques and collectibles valued at $4,000.
• Aug. 18 — Ray Williams of Roseboro reported that his house was damaged due to pellets being shot at it. Damage was estimated at $500.
Anyone with information about any of these incidents is asked to call law enforcement at 910-592-4141 (Sheriff’s Office) or 910-592-3105 (Clinton Police). Individuals can also text anonymous tips to the Clinton PD at 847411, beginning text with tipcpd.