(The public reports listed below are provided by the Sampson County Sheriff’s Office, the Clinton Police Department and the N.C. Highway Patrol via the Sheriff’s Office daily jail report.)
• Aug. 21 — Arthur Lee Ruffin, 55, of 208 Lewis St., Clinton, was charged with disorderly conduct. Bond set at $5,000; court date is Sept. 27.
• Aug. 22 — John Lynwood, 30, of 48 Gill Lane, Clinton, was charged with fictitious information to officer and served order for his arrest on failure to comply with monies. Bond set at $495; court date is Aug. 26.
• Aug. 22 — Aceli Donaldo Carcamo, 49, of 816-B Lisbon St., Clinton, was charged with driving while impaired. Bond set at $1,500; court date is Sept. 21.
• Aug. 23 — Dominic Deshaun Ernest Hill, 16, of 1002 Renfrow Road, Clinton, was charged with communicating threats. Bond set at $250; court date is Sept. 20.
• Aug. 23 — Nathan Louis Melvin, 70, of 101 South St., Roseboro, was charged with driving while impaired and failure to maintain lane. Bond set at $1,000; court date is Sept. 14.
• Aug. 23 — Danny Lee of Clinton reported his garage broken into, with an undisclosed sum of cash taken and a 5-gallon gas can, valued at $10, stolen.
Anyone with information about any of these incidents is asked to call law enforcement at 910-592-4141 (Sheriff’s Office) or 910-592-3105 (Clinton Police). Individuals can also text anonymous tips to the Clinton PD at 847411, beginning text with tipcpd.