(The public reports listed below are provided by the Sampson County Sheriff’s Office, the Clinton Police Department and the N.C. Highway Patrol via the Sheriff’s Office daily jail report.)
• Oct. 5 — Whitney Fefe McDonald, 28, of 501 Stetson St., Clinton, was charged with simple assault. No bond set; court date is Oct. 11.
• Oct. 5 — Raymond Wendell Thompson, 49, of 15 Payne St., Roseboro, was charged with domestic violence protective order violation. No bond set; court date is Oct. 11.
• Oct. 5 — Roy and Janelle Barbour of Clinton reported a break-in and larceny. Engine parts, assorted vinyl records and CDs were stolen. Items valued at $550. Damage to a glass window was estimated at $200.
• Oct. 5 — Susan Sholar of Rose Hill reported her pit bull and pawn ticket were stolen. The dog was valued at $400, the ticket at $240.
• Oct. 5 — Damon Sloan of Clinton reported a break-in and larceny of two TVs and a laptop computer, valued at $1,550 total. Damage to a door and frame was estimated at $300.
• Oct. 5 — Isidra Barrera of Garland reported theft of property, including an Xbox One, several accessories and games. Items valued at $1,230.
Anyone with information about any of these incidents is asked to call law enforcement at 910-592-4141 (Sheriff’s Office) or 910-592-3105 (Clinton Police). Individuals can also text anonymous tips to the Clinton PD at 847411, beginning text with tipcpd.