(The public reports listed below are provided by the Sampson County Sheriff’s Office, the Clinton Police Department and the N.C. Highway Patrol via the Sheriff’s Office daily jail report.)
• Feb. 17 — Marco Antonio Perez, 18, of 170 Lauren Lane, Godwin, was charged with possession of alcohol on school property. No bond set; court date is March 17.
• Feb. 19 — Lazaro Javier Torres, 23, of 507 W. Chelly St., Warsaw, was charged with driving while impaired, driving during revocation and misdemeanor hit and run- failing to stop, reckless driving, open container after consuming alcohol, aid and abet underage person purchasing alcoholic beverage. Bond set at $3,500; court date is March 23.
• Feb. 19 — Yailyn Benitez, 18, of 511 Sasser Lane, Clinton, was charged with driving while impaired and hit and run- leaving scene of property damage. Bond set at $1,000; court date is March 22.
• Feb. 20 — Latisha McLymore, 37, of 60 Tarheel Drive, Clinton, was charged with injury to building or fences and misdemeanor breaking and entering. Bond set at $2,500; court date is March 29.
• Feb. 21 — Eddie Smooth Eason Jr., 50, of 102 N. Peavine Road, Clinton, was charged with shoplifting. Bond set at $2,500; court date is March 2.
• Feb. 23 — Samantha Denise Burton, 28, of 2888 Delway Hwy., Rose Hill, was charged with simple possession of marijuana and possession of drug paraphernalia. No bond set; no court date listed.
• Feb. 23 — Jimmy Ernest Lee, 51, of 3192 Harnett-Dunn Hwy., Dunn, was charged on out-of-county warrant with fraud- obtaining property by false pretense. Bond set at $500; court date is March 6.
• Feb. 23 — Maurice Tatum of Rose Hill reported a .40-caliber handgun, valued at $500, taken from his vehicle.
• Feb. 23 — Eric Lane of Autryville reported the theft of a Sony PlayStation 3 and a flat screen television, valued at $520.
• Feb. 24 — Papa Johns of Clinton was the victim of damage to property. A front door sustained $500 in damage. Nothing was listed as stolen.
Anyone with information about any of these incidents is asked to call law enforcement at 910-592-4141 (Sheriff’s Office) or 910-592-3105 (Clinton Police). Individuals can also text anonymous tips to the Clinton PD at 847411, beginning text with tipcpd.