(The public reports listed below are provided by the Sampson County Sheriff’s Office, the Clinton Police Department and the N.C. Highway Patrol via the Sheriff’s Office daily jail report.)
• March 1 — James Preston Peterson, 41, of 54 Hunters Haven Lane, Garland, was charged with damage to property. Bond set at $1,000; court date is March 27.
• March 1 — Robbie Ann Long, 29, of 1755 Live Oak Methodist Church Road, White Oak, was charged with larceny and breaking and entering. Written promise; court date is March 27.
• March 1 — Jacqueline Moran Butler, 32, of 51 Retirement Lane, Salemburg, was charged with simple assault. Written promise; court date is March 21.
• Feb. 28 — Jerry Merritt of Clinton reported a burglary, in which many items were stolen. Various tools were stolen, along with collectibles, a crossbow, rods and reels and electronic equipment among other items. Items were valued at approximately $5,500.
• Feb. 28 — Dorothy Butler of Clinton reported the theft of a chainsaw, skillsaw, pressure washer and various electronic equipment. Items were valued at $1,000.
• March 1 — Jimmy Lee of Dunn reported various hand and power tools, materials, appliances and two generators, along with a set of golf clubs and a shotgun, stolen from his property. Items were valued at $10,457.
• March 1 — Paige Maynard of Clinton reported the theft of a wallet and undisclosed sum of cash, as well as prescription medication.
• March 1 — Heladio Gonzales of Godwin reported a break-in and several items stolen. Two plasma televisions, a toolbox containing several tools and an air compressor were valued at a total of $900.
Anyone with information about any of these incidents is asked to call law enforcement at 910-592-4141 (Sheriff’s Office) or 910-592-3105 (Clinton Police). Individuals can also text anonymous tips to the Clinton PD at 847411, beginning text with tipcpd.