(The public reports listed below are provided by the Sampson County Sheriff’s Office, the Clinton Police Department and the N.C. Highway Patrol via the Sheriff’s Office daily jail report.)
• March 7 — Jeffrey Victor Hunter, 37, of 2299 Hunter Road, Clinton, was charged with misdemeanor larceny and injury to real property. Bond set at $5,000; court date is March 27.
• March 7 — Lajona Demarrias Carr, 40, of 455 Trestle Road, Ivanhoe, was charged with assault on a female, communicating threats and served an out-of-county warrant on child support. Bond set at $1,500; court date is March 28.
• March 7 — Howard Cornelius Hallett, 54, of 7879 Roseboro Hwy., Roseboro, was charged with assault with a deadly weapon. Bond set at $2,500; court date is April 4.
• March 7 — Jose Luis Duarte Moncada, 27, of 2043 Old Raleigh Road, Clinton, was charged with communicating threats. No bond set; court date is March 28.
• March 7 — Lorenza Brinson, 43, of 7940 Old Warsaw Road, Turkey, was charged on out-of-county warrant with simple assault. No bond set; court date is March 16.
• March 7 — Marcy Denise Norris, 37, of 100 Old U.S. Hwy. 421 South, Dunn, was charged on out-of-county warrant with simple assault. No bond set; court date is March 10.
• March 6 — Chantale Bernard of Clinton reported the larceny of two TVs, a laptop, generator and six pairs of Timberland boots, valued at $2,000.
• March 7 — H&M Quality Logging Incorporated of Elizabethtown was the victim in theft of logging equipment, valued at $50,000.
• March 7 — Winifred Williams of Wilmington reported a 12-foot jon boat with a motor and trailer, valued at a total of $6,300, stolen from a Plain View property.
Anyone with information about any of these incidents is asked to call law enforcement at 910-592-4141 (Sheriff’s Office) or 910-592-3105 (Clinton Police). Individuals can also text anonymous tips to the Clinton PD at 847411, beginning text with tipcpd.