(The public reports listed below are provided by the Sampson County Sheriff’s Office, the Clinton Police Department and the N.C. Highway Patrol via the Sheriff’s Office daily jail report.)
• May 24 — Stanley Eugene Braddock Jr., 36, of 223 Beverly Lane, Clinton, was charged with communicating threats. Written promise; court date is June 19.
• May 24 — Barbara Ann Herring, 50, of 47 Knorr Lane, Clinton, was charged with simple assault and communicating threats. Bond set at $500; court date is June 21.
• May 24 — Neil A. Wernick, 66, of 105 Royal Lane, Apt. 216, Clinton, was charged with assault on a female. Bond set at $500; court date is June 20.
• May 24 — Nicole Kecia of Harrells reported a residential break-in, with two laptops stolen. Total value was $600.
• May 24 — Mary Lett of Clinton reported the theft of two pieces of jewelry, valued at approximately $4,700.
• May 24 — George Thornton III of Clinton reported a break-in and larceny of numerous items, including two hunting bows and various ammunition. Value was close to $2,900.
Anyone with information about any of these incidents is asked to call law enforcement at 910-592-4141 (Sheriff’s Office) or 910-592-3105 (Clinton Police). Individuals can also text anonymous tips to the Clinton PD at 847411, beginning text with tipcpd.