(The public reports listed below are provided by the Sampson County Sheriff’s Office, the Clinton Police Department and the N.C. Highway Patrol via the Sheriff’s Office daily jail report.)
• June 5 — Jesse Andrew Burnette, 29, of 268 Traci Lane, Dunn, was charged with possession of methamphetamine and possession of drug paraphernalia. Bond set at $5,000; court date is June 16.
• June 5 — Dennis Franklin Naylor, 46, of 1021 The Avenue, Clinton, was charged with simple physical assault. No bond set; court date is July 3.
• June 5 — Lisa Ann Raynor, 39, of 391 Sir Lane, Roseboro, was charged with assault with a deadly weapon. No bond set; court date is July 3.
• June 5 — Shamol James Chavious, 24, of 2780 Hayes Chapel Road, Rose Hill, was charged with parole and probation violations. No bond set; no court date listed.
• June 5 — Trinity Tyler of Clinton reported items stolen from his property, including several pieces of furniture, a heater and a tanning bed. Items valued at $2,325.
• June 5 — Larry Edwards of Newton Grove reported the theft of four firearms, a laptop computer and assorted jewelry. Items valued at $7,200.
Anyone with information about any of these incidents is asked to call law enforcement at 910-592-4141 (Sheriff’s Office) or 910-592-3105 (Clinton Police). Individuals can also text anonymous tips to the Clinton PD at 847411, beginning text with tipcpd.