(The public reports listed below are provided by the Sampson County Sheriff’s Office, the Clinton Police Department and the N.C. Highway Patrol via the Sheriff’s Office daily jail report.)
• July 18 — Ginger Thornton Baggett, 38, of 3559 Straw Pond School Road, Roseboro, was charged with fraud- unauthorized use of conveyance. Bond set at $500; court date is Aug. 17.
• July 18 — Emily Doan Miller, 29, of 1653 Bearskin Road, Salemburg, was charged with assault with a deadly weapon. Bond set at $5,000; court date is Aug. 17.
• July 18 — Elsie McPhail, Bonnie McPhail and Dorothy Wilkins of Salemburg reported their residence broken into and items taken. Stolen was a gray Toyota Yaris, valued at $6,000, along with prescription medication, cash, a tablet, GPS unit and other items.
• July 18 — Charles Barber of Salemburg reported the theft of an assortment of jewelry, valued at $1,500.
• July 18 — Julia Sullivan of Dunn reported three rings, valued at $2,200, stolen from her property.
• July 18 — Marion McLamb of Clinton reported the theft of a .22 revolver, 6 foot by 8 foot trailer and a grass trimmer. They were valued at $1,400.
Anyone with information about any of these incidents is asked to call law enforcement at 910-592-4141 (Sheriff’s Office) or 910-592-3105 (Clinton Police). Individuals can also text anonymous tips to the Clinton PD at 847411, beginning text with tipcpd.