(The public reports listed below are provided by the Sampson County Sheriff’s Office, the Clinton Police Department and the N.C. Highway Patrol via the Sheriff’s Office daily jail report.)
• July 31 — Maurice Thomas Tatum, 26, of 2153 Herring Road, Rose Hill, was charged with two counts of fraud- obtaining money/property by false pretense. Bond set at $2,500; court date is Aug. 11.
• July 31 — James Correia IV, 35, of 25657 Hwy. 210 East, Kelly, N.C., was charged with resisting public officer and parole and probation violations. No bond set; court date is Aug. 11.
• July 31 — Thomas Cole Kornegay, 19, of 1064 Boney Mill Road, Clinton, was charged on out-of-county warrants with three counts of breaking and entering into a motor vehicle, two counts of larceny of a firearm, one count of felony larceny and two counts of misdemeanor larceny. Bond set at $4,990; court date is Aug. 11.
• July 31 — Dennis James Owens, 51, of 2782 White Woods Road, Salemburg, was charged with assault on a female. Written promise; court date is Aug. 21.
• July 31 — Joshua Lee Odum, 29, of 3181 Hayne Stretch Road, Roseboro, was charged with domestic violence protective order violation. No bond set; court date is Sept. 6.
• July 31 — Linda Smith of Faison reported that her residence was damaged to gunshots. Damage was inflicted to three double-window panes, vinyl siding and drapes. Damage estimated at $1,950.
• July 31 — Jose Cruz reported that assorted jewelry and cash was taken from a Roseboro residence. Items valued at $10,800.
Anyone with information about any of these incidents is asked to call law enforcement at 910-592-4141 (Sheriff’s Office) or 910-592-3105 (Clinton Police). Individuals can also text anonymous tips to the Clinton PD at 847411, beginning text with tipcpd.