(The public reports listed below are provided by the Sampson County Sheriff’s Office, the Clinton Police Department and the N.C. Highway Patrol via the Sheriff’s Office daily jail report.)
• Aug. 7 — June Christina Gersch, 47, of 115 Knight Lane, Autryville, was charged with simple assault. No bond set; court date is Sept. 7.
• Aug. 8 — Briana Lillian Nicole Crumpler, 29, of 51 Bills Lane, Harrells, was charged with child abuse (non-assaultive). Bond set at $2,500; court date is Aug. 14.
• Aug. 8 — Ashleigh Reed Bowden, 19, of 1164 Wiggins Road, Clinton, was charged with breaking and entering into a motor vehicle. Bond set at $2,000; court date was Aug. 8.
• Aug. 8 — Mildred Michele Suggs, 35, of 511 Southeast Blvd., Clinton, was charged with simple assault. Bond set at $500; court date is Aug. 29.
• Aug. 7 — Scottie Hendricks of Clinton reported two AC units, valued at $600, taken from the windows of his home.
• Aug. 7 — Patricia Holmes of Plain View reported extensive damage to her 2000 Chevrolet Suburban, including to the windshield, hood and right front tire. Damage estimated at $2,000.
• Aug. 7 — Deborah Rodgers, Tara Rodgers and Donald Bloxsom of Plain View were victims in a residential break-in, in which two TVs, a backpack and a wallet were stolen. Items valued at $670. Damage to a rear hatch window and a mobile home window was estimated at $400.
• Aug. 8 — Ida Moore of Plain View reported the theft of a water pump, valued at $2,000, taken from her property.
• Aug. 8 — Randolph Norris of Plain View reported a break-in and theft of cash, coins and a men’s wedding band, valued at $780 total.
• Aug. 8 — Jeffrey Naylor of Plain View reported a utility trailer, valued at $500, taken from his property.
Anyone with information about any of these incidents is asked to call law enforcement at 910-592-4141 (Sheriff’s Office) or 910-592-3105 (Clinton Police). Individuals can also text anonymous tips to the Clinton PD at 847411, beginning text with tipcpd.