(The public reports listed below are provided by the Sampson County Sheriff’s Office, the Clinton Police Department and the N.C. Highway Patrol via the Sheriff’s Office daily jail report.)
• Aug. 17 — Terry Lynette Melvin, 52, of 2605 Old Mintz Hwy., Roseboro, was charged with assault with a deadly weapon. Bond set at $3,000; court date is Sept. 14.
• Aug. 17 — Ashleigh Reed Bowden, 19, of 1164 Wiggins Road, Clinton, was charged with trespassing. Written promise; court date is Sept. 12.
• Aug. 17 — Wesley Adam Merritt, 23, of 4219 Needmore Road, Turkey, was charged with trespassing. Written promise; court date is Sept. 12.
• Aug. 17 — Donnie Neil Stewart, 65, of 425 Bullard Pit Circle, Autryville, was charged with resisting public officer and communicating threats. No bond set; court date is Sept. 6.
• Aug. 18 — Shelton Laverne Douglas, 48, of 140 Earl Franklin Drive, Hamlet, was charged with second degree trespass. Bond set at $100; court date is Sept. 7.
• Aug. 18 — Maria Shenetta Boykin, 34, of 2006 W. Main St., Clinton, was charged with two counts of simple assault. No bond set; court date is Sept. 18.
• Aug. 19 — Melissa Fernandez, 23, of 84 Jaclane Drive, Clinton, was charged with simple possession of marijuana, possession of marijuana drug paraphernalia and speeding. No bond set; court date is Oct. 4.
• Aug. 19 — Kenneth Hall, 39, of 296 Little Coharie Lane, Roseboro, was charged with assault by strangulation and assault on a female. No bond set; court date is Sept. 12.
• Aug. 19 — James Thomas Godwin, 22, of 85 Crystal Lane, Autryville, was charged with injury to real property. Bond set at $1,500; court date is Sept. 19.
• Aug. 20 — Katina Mae Wilson, 44, of 55 Greenview Court, Dunn, was charged on out-of-county warrants with two counts of embezzlement, two counts of obtaining property by false pretense and uttering forged instrument. Bond set at $10,000; court date is Aug. 31.
• Aug. 20 — Quinn Alexander Peterson, 30, of 56 Roosevelt Lane, Clinton, was charged with assault on a female and failure to comply with monies. No bond set; court date is Sept. 12.
• Aug. 17 — Sampson County Schools was the victim in the theft of a green lawn sweeper, taken from Union High School. Item was valued at $500.
• Aug. 17 — James Brinkley of Roseboro reported the theft of a 42-inch TV and assorted jewelry, valued at a total of $1,600.
• Aug. 18 — Donald Herndon of Turkey reported the larceny of a chainsaw, valued at $500, from his storage shed.
• Aug. 18 — Everette Hefner Sr. of Dunn reported the theft of a power amplifier, bows and arrows and other items from his property. Items valued at $1,850.
• Aug. 19 — Omar Ruiz of Clinton reported a break-in and theft of two TVs, a laptop and assorted clothing. Items were valued at a total of $1,900.
• Aug. 20 — Quincy Smith of Clinton reported his .45-caliber handgun, valued at $500, taken from his vehicle in the Turkey area.
Anyone with information about any of these incidents is asked to call law enforcement at 910-592-4141 (Sheriff’s Office) or 910-592-3105 (Clinton Police). Individuals can also text anonymous tips to the Clinton PD at 847411, beginning text with tipcpd.