(The public reports listed below are provided by the Sampson County Sheriff’s Office, the Clinton Police Department and the N.C. Highway Patrol via the Sheriff’s Office daily jail report.)
• Aug. 21 — Joseph Ross Duncan Jr., 27, of 5404 Richlands Hwy., Lot 7, Jacksonville, was charged with motor vehicle theft, assault on a female and failure to appear on an out-of-county charge of no operator’s license. Bond set at $500; court date is Sept. 6.
• Aug. 21 — Christopher Hill, 36, of 385 Sampson Acres Drive, Clinton, was charged with injury to personal property, communicating threats and assault by pointing a gun. No bond set; court date is Sept. 6.
• Aug. 21 — Shakeyia Denise Eddington, 21, of 1775 Microwave Tower Road, Roseboro, was charged with assault by pointing a gun, simple assault and larceny. Bond set at $1,500; court date is Sept. 12.
• Aug. 21 — Norman Beczynski Jr., 54, of 75 Ricky Perry Lane, Clinton, was charged with fugitive warrant and out-of-state child support warrant. No bond set; court date is Aug. 25.
• Aug. 21 — Jorge Fernandez of Clinton reported the theft of a 55-inch TV along with men’s jewelry. Items valued at $1,100.
• Aug. 21 — Breon McNeil of Kinston reported the larceny of a green and white Kawasaki dirt bike, valued at $1,500, from a Clinton-area property where it was stored.
• Aug. 21 — Sammy Fields of Faison reported several items, including a chainsaw, weed eater, edger, blower and mounted 8-point deer head, stolen from his storage building. Items were valued at $1,445.
• Aug. 21 — George Thompson of Newton Grove reported the theft of two 12-gauge shotguns, valued at $635 total.
• Aug. 21 — John Haynes of Autryville reported the theft of a Polaris RZR four-seat four-wheeler.
Anyone with information about any of these incidents is asked to call law enforcement at 910-592-4141 (Sheriff’s Office) or 910-592-3105 (Clinton Police). Individuals can also text anonymous tips to the Clinton PD at 847411, beginning text with tipcpd.