(The public reports listed below are provided by the Sampson County Sheriff’s Office, the Clinton Police Department and the N.C. Highway Patrol via the Sheriff’s Office daily jail report.)
• Sept. 5 — Amber Nichole Langley, 25, of 411 Jones Road, Newton Grove, was charged with burglary-forcible entry and larceny. Bond set at $5,000; court date is Sept. 8.
• Sept. 5 — Kimberly Miller West, 47, of 19 Papa Moo Lane, Dunn, was charged with assault and battery. Bond set at $1,500; court date is Sept. 18.
• Sept. 5 — Albert Earl Melvin, 62, of 46 Alexander Lane, Clinton, was charged with communicating threats. No bond set; court date is Sept. 26.
• Sept. 5 — Ryan Leigh Barefoot, 16, of 104 Alex Lane, Dunn, was charged with simple physical assault and resist, delay and obstruct. Bond set at $750; court date is Oct. 10.
• Sept. 5 — Ira Eugene Faircloth, 42, of 406 Stewart Ave., Clinton, was charged with driving while impaired-commercial vehicle and on out-of-county warrants with failure to appear on charges of speeding in a school zone, driving while license revoked and no driver’s license-commercial vehicle. Bond set at $2,500; court date is Sept. 25.
• Sept. 5 — Ramon A. Ruiz Ramirez of Godwin reported the theft of a TV, computer, two watches and two necklaces. Items were valued at $1,120.
• Sept. 5 — Margaret Harps of Dunn reported a break-in and theft of two TVs, a PlayStation 4 and a desktop computer. Items were valued at $2,650 total.
• Sept. 5 — Donald Wilson of Clinton reported the larceny of various hand and power tools, two deer stands and an air conditioning unit, valued at $890. Damage to a window was estimated at $250.
• Sept. 5 — Carl Howard of Clinton reported the theft of an air conditioning unit, tool box, two 5-gallon gas cans and jumper cables. Items were valued at $1,080.
• Sept. 5 — Ashley Cox and Michelle Leiby reported a break-in and larceny. Items stolen included three firearms, valued at $1,100, along with a tablet, valued at $200, assorted change, a lockbox and prescription medications.
Anyone with information about any of these incidents is asked to call law enforcement at 910-592-4141 (Sheriff’s Office) or 910-592-3105 (Clinton Police). Individuals can also text anonymous tips to the Clinton PD at 847411, beginning text with tipcpd.