(The public reports listed below are provided by the Sampson County Sheriff’s Office, the Clinton Police Department and the N.C. Highway Patrol via the Sheriff’s Office daily jail report.)
• Sept. 12 — Ashlee Angelina Gutierrez, 31,of 200 Church St., Salemburg, was charged with simple assault. No bond set; court date is Oct. 16.
• Sept. 12 — Alan Smith, 34, of 1080 Thompson Ave., Turkey, was charged with assault on a female and trespassing. Bond set at $1,000; court date is Oct. 10.
• Sept. 12 — Crystal Mehaffey of Turkey reported the theft of her purse, stolen from her vehicle. The value of the purse and its contents was $1,200.
• Sept. 12 — Everette Hefner Sr. and Emily Hefner of Dunn were victims in a larceny from their home. A 1979 Ford F-150 carburetor, vacuum pump and foldable tablet were valued at a total of $1,200.
• Sept. 12 — Ethan Cannady of Clinton reported a break-in and theft of items from his home. A jewelry box and assorted jewelry were taken, along with a 55-inch TV and a watch. Stolen items were valued at $10,689. Damage to a carport entrance door was estimated at $150.
Anyone with information about any of these incidents is asked to call law enforcement at 910-592-4141 (Sheriff’s Office) or 910-592-3105 (Clinton Police). Individuals can also text anonymous tips to the Clinton PD at 847411, beginning text with tipcpd.