(The public reports listed below are provided by the Sampson County Sheriff’s Office, the Clinton Police Department and the N.C. Highway Patrol via the Sheriff’s Office daily jail report.)
• Sept. 27 — Jerry Dexter Barrett, 45, of 446 Cannady Road, Harrells, was charged with misuse of 911 system. Bond set at $750; court date is Oct. 9.
• Sept. 27 — Lykheim Tyshaun Simmons, 23, of 877 Indian Town Road, Clinton, was charged with assault on a female and larceny. No bond set; court date is Oct. 3.
• Sept. 26 — Robert Autry of Autryville reported two generators, gas leaf blower, weed trimmer, metal brake machine, pressure washer and various other items stolen. Total value was $6,174.
• Sept. 26 — Gary Mack and Mary Catherine Daughtry of Newton Grove reported the theft of cash, a personal check and various prescription drugs. Total value was $2,100.
• Sept. 26 — Leslie Roberts of Clinton reported the theft of cash and jewelry, valued at $775.
• Sept. 26 — Clinton Mechanical Contractors of Clinton was the victim of theft. A utility trailer, valued at $500, was stolen.
• Sept. 27 — Jane Capps of Harrells reported the theft of a trailer, leaf blower, weed eater, chainsaw, generator and a zero-turn lawnmower. Total value was $8,280. Damage to doors was estimated at $500.
Anyone with information about any of these incidents is asked to call law enforcement at 910-592-4141 (Sheriff’s Office) or 910-592-3105 (Clinton Police). Individuals can also text anonymous tips to the Clinton PD at 847411, beginning text with tipcpd.