(The public reports listed below are provided by the Sampson County Sheriff’s Office, the Clinton Police Department and the N.C. Highway Patrol via the Sheriff’s Office daily jail report.)
• Dec. 18 —Michael Devane Graham, 30, of 168 N. Williams Road, Kenansville, was charged with possession of a Schedule VI controlled substance. No bond set; court date is Jan. 26.
• Dec. 18 — Jonathan Wayne Faircloth, 31, of 709 Hollandtown Road, Salemburg, was charged with second degree trespass. No bond listed; court date is Jan. 17.
• Dec. 18 — Latron Antwone Montague, 35, of 101 Robinson Court, Clinton, was charged with simple possession of a Schedule VI controlled substance. No bond set; court date is Jan. 25.
• Dec. 19 — Robert Fulton Bennett, 66, of 80 Rainbow Lane, Roseboro, was charged with three counts of forgery-using/uttering. Bond set at $3,000; court date is Jan. 12.
• Dec. 19 — Edwin Lloyd Matthis Jr., 30, of 2115 Old Warsaw Road, Clinton, was charged with assault on a female. No bond set; court date is Jan. 17.
• Dec. 19 — Lewis Wayne Herring, 40, of 7447 Hobbton Hwy., Clinton, was charged with injury to real property. Bond set at $1,500; court date is Jan. 11.
• Dec. 19 — Amerigas Propane of Fayetteville was the victim in a theft of propane tanks from Dollar General on Plainview Highway. The 16 tanks were valued at $800.
• Dec. 19 — Kenneth Bradley of Clinton reported a break-in and theft of numerous items, including a piano keyboard, speaker, a gold ring and other items. Value was $3,350. Damage to a fire-proof safe was estimated at $100.
Anyone with information about any of these incidents is asked to call law enforcement at 910-592-4141 (Sheriff’s Office) or 910-592-3105 (Clinton Police). Individuals can also text anonymous tips to the Clinton PD at 847411, beginning text with tipcpd.