(The public reports listed below are provided by the Sampson County Sheriff’s Office, the Clinton Police Department and the N.C. Highway Patrol via the Sheriff’s Office daily jail report.)
• Aug. 27 — Allen H. Barnes, 44, of 250 Wells Chapel Church Road, Harrells, was charged with assault on a female. No bond set; court date is Sept. 15.
• Aug. 27 — Kimberly M. Medlin, 22, of 219 Knollwood Lane, Roseboro, was charged with simple assault. Bond set at $1,500; court date is Sept. 14.
• Aug. 27 — Johnathon J. Ward, 36, of 147 Lorraine Road, Clinton, was charged with one county of larceny and two counts of resisting arrest. Bond set at $4,500; court date is Sept. 29.
• Aug. 27 — Jennifer M. Hill, 38, of 313 McKoy St., Clinton, was charged with second degree trespassing. Bond set at $3,000; court date is Sept. 29.
• Aug. 27 — Billie W. Bradshaw, 40, of 14 Cassidy Lane, Coats, was charged with shoplifting – failure to comply. Bond set at $225; court date is Sept. 29.
• Aug. 27 — Shane D. Marley of Godwin was the victim of larceny which occurred at his home on Wrench Road. A lawnmower valued at $1,000 was stolen from the property. The case is closed since all leads have been exhausted.
• Aug. 27 — Bank of America of Richardson, Texas, reported burglary and forcible entry on property located on Clubhouse Drive in Dunn. According to report structures and a patio door frame was damaged. The value was $3,200. The case is closed since all leads have been exhausted.
• Aug. 27 — Jamie D. Baggett of Dunn was the victim of burglary-forcible entry which occurred on Baptist Chapel Road. The items stolen included assorted jewelry in box, white gold wedding ring, cash, a jar of assorted U.S. currency and change, laptop computer, three televisions, an Xbox 360, game console, assorted video games and more than a dozen guns. The case is under investigation.
• Aug. 27 — Christopher L. Williams of Fuquay-Varina was the victim of breaking which occurred on I-40 west at the 348 mile marker. According to his report, several items were stolen from his vehicle. The items stolen included clippers, power and tool hands, straight blades and non-negotiable instruments. The value of the items are $783. The case is under investigation.
• Aug. 27 — Rebecca J. Carter of Garland was the victim of burglary – forcible entry which occurred on Norris Road. The items stolen included a 46 inch flat screen TV, .22 caliber, 50 caliber muzzle loader rifle, laptop, 9 inch tablet from Verizon, a gallon jar with silver change and a cup of silver change. The value of the property is $1,830.
• Aug. 27 — Thomas S. Melvin of Garland was the victim of burglary which occurred on his home on Norris Road, Garland. A silver revolver was stolen from the home. The value is $600. The incident is under investigation.
Anyone with information about any of these incidents is asked to call law enforcement at 910-592-4141 (Sheriff’s Office) or 910-592-3105 (Clinton Police). Individuals can also text anonymous tips to the Clinton PD at 847411, beginning text with tipcpd.