(The public reports listed below are provided by the Sampson County Sheriff’s Office, the Clinton Police Department and the N.C. Highway Patrol via the Sheriff’s Office daily jail report.)
• April 21 — Danilla Latory Davis, 31, of 410 Calvin St., Roseboro, was charged with assault with a deadly weapon. Bond set at $1,000; court date is May 19.
• April 21 — Kenneth Stephen Smith, 60, of 109 Oak St., Roseboro, was charged with prostitution. Bond set at $1,500; court date is May 18.
• April 20 — Haley Sutton of Clinton reported the theft of a 9mm semi-automatic handgun, valued at $530.
• April 20 — Edith Garcia of Dunn reported the theft of a TV and a computer, valued at a total of $1,600.
• April 20 — Julia Phillips of Clinton reported the larceny of two sofas, assorted men’s and women’s clothes, a Betty Boop doll and pots and pans. Items were valued at $4,900.
• April 21 — Vivian Townsend of Harrells reported several pieces of jewelry, two firearms and a laptop computer stolen from her residence. Items valued at $10,000.
• April 21 — Janice Barnette of Salemburg reported a TV, Xbox, jewelry and DVD player stolen. Items valued at $1,460.
• April 21 — Michael Preddy of Erwin reported the theft of a .45-caliber handgun, valued at $550.
Anyone with information about any of these incidents is asked to call law enforcement at 910-592-4141 (Sheriff’s Office) or 910-592-3105 (Clinton Police). Individuals can also text anonymous tips to the Clinton PD at 847411, beginning text with tipcpd.