(The public reports listed below are provided by the Sampson County Sheriff’s Office, the Clinton Police Department and the N.C. Highway Patrol via the Sheriff’s Office daily jail report.)
• April 29 — Leroy Matthew McCloud, 52, of 61 Chesters Road, Roseboro, was charged with possession of a Schedule II controlled substance. Bond set at $3,000; court date is May 6.
• April 30 — Enil Ramon Montoya Velasquez, 25, of 86 Whispering Pines Drive, Clinton, was charged on out-of-county warrants with kidnapping and assault on a female, and charged with a second count of assault on a female, domestic criminal trespass, communicating threats and failure to appear on a charge of failing to comply with community service. No bond set; court date is May 10.
• April 30 — Crystal Dawn Ours, 28, of 17 Iris Lane, Newton Grove, was charged with simple physical assault. Written promise; court date is May 10.
• April 30 — Michael Anthony Simpson, 44, of 608 W. Clinton St., Roseboro, was charged with trespassing. Bond set at $1,000; court date is May 31.
• May 1 — Tracy Brian Burgett, 38, of 310 Eldon Thornton Road, Faison, was charged on out-of-county warrants with forgery-possessing/concealing, forgery- using/uttering, fraud- obtaining money/property by false pretense. Bond set at $5,000; court date is May 6.
• May 1 — Ashley Ann Ellis, 25, of 192 Mount Elam Church Road, Roseboro, was charged with misdemeanor larceny. Bond set at $1,000; court date is May 31.
• May 1 — Rodney Derrick Williams, 27, of 124 Bulldog Lane, Roseboro, was charged with resisting public officer. Bond set at $500; court date is May 9.
• May 1 — Tamra Lynn Carr, 22, of 2057 Pine Ridge Road, No. 76, Clinton, was charged with breaking and entering. injury to personal property. Bond set at $1,500; court date is May 31.
• May 1 — Audrey Aman Balsley, 34, of 406 Stewart Ave., Clinton, was charged with larceny-shoplifting. Bond set at $500; court date is May 23.
• May 2 — Maria Prado, 33, of 1543 Reedsford Road, Clinton, was charged with identity theft and public assistance fraud. Bond set at $5,000; court date is May 6.
• May 2 — Jeffery Howard McGowan, 33, of 220 Mine Road, Carthage, was charged on out-of-county warrants with 13 counts each of statutory rape/sex offense and indecent liberties with a child. Bond set at $1 million; court date is May 6.
• May 2 — Terrance Dsantas Owens, 39, of 510 S. West St., Roseboro, was charged with driving while impaired and no operator’s license. Bond set at $800; court date is June 8.
• April 29 — Derrick Williams of Clinton reported his trailer broken into, with an electric pressure washer, generator, two cordless drills and an assortment of cleaning supplies stolen. Items valued at $1,379.
• April 29 — James Jackson of Clinton reported multiple wrenches and sockets, valued at $3,000, stolen.
• April 29 — Jimmy Faircloth of Newton Grove reported items stolen from his outbuilding, garage and vehicle. The items included various power and hand tools, a satellite radio and vehicle parts. Items were valued at $1,260. Damage to metal doors and wooden door jams was estimated at $600.
• April 29 — Brenda Porter of Roseboro reported the theft of a wedding band and a ladies watch, valued at a total of $5,600.
• April 29 — Phillip Spencer of Faison reported the theft of a weedeater and air compressor, valued at $625 total.
• April 29 — Performance Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram was the victim of larceny, with approximately $48,000 worth of auto parts and accessories reported taken.
• April 30 — Annie Robinson of Garland reported her wallet stolen, with an undisclosed amount of cash contained within it.
• May 1 — Ashley Ellis of Roseboro reported damage to a TV, valued at $700, and the theft of her purse, valued at $410.
• May 2 — Kyle Hall of Raleigh reported a break-in to a Salemburg residence, with a $600 TV taken.
• May 2 — James Taylor of Roseboro reported the theft of a four-wheeler, valued at $3,300 and a spot sprayer, valued at $300.
• May 2 — Sheila Cromartie of Fayetteville reported the cords cut to her TV and video games. Damage to a TV and two Xbox consoles was estimated at $1,580.
Anyone with information about any of these incidents is asked to call law enforcement at 910-592-4141 (Sheriff’s Office) or 910-592-3105 (Clinton Police). Individuals can also text anonymous tips to the Clinton PD at 847411, beginning text with tipcpd.