(The public reports listed below are provided by the Sampson County Sheriff’s Office, the Clinton Police Department and the N.C. Highway Patrol via the Sheriff’s Office daily jail report.)
• July 21 — Sharita D. Boone, 32, of 200 Clive Jacobs Road, was charged with simple assault. Bond set at $1,000; court date is Aug. 11.
• July 21 — Bennie R. Peterson, 64, of 115 Jackson Ave. Garland, was charged with second degree trespassing. No bond set; court date is Aug. 13.
• July 21 — George H. Barksdale Jr. of Faison reported criminal damage to property which occurred on the 2000 block of Moltonville Road. According to the report, a vehicle was vandalized. The value of the damage is $5,000.
• July 21 — Bobby G. Autry Jr. of Clinton reported burglary which occurred at her home on Honeycutt Road. According to the report, the incident occurred by suspect(s) making entry through the back door.
• July 21 — Josh McLamb and Amos McLamb of Garland reported larceny which occurred at Highway 903 and Billtown Road, Garland. According to the report, 1,000 square bales of pine straw was stolen. The value of the property is $5,000.
• July 21 — Pablo Molina, 33, of Newton Grove, reported a burglary which occurred at his home on Seven Mile Church Road. The items stolen included a 39 inch flat screen TV, Playstation 3, Xbox 360, damaged laptops, karaoke machine, DVD player, Direct TV receiver box, large leather coat, pair of leather boats and 100 two dollar bills. The value of the property is $1,880.
Anyone with information about any of these incidents is asked to call law enforcement at 910-592-4141 (Sheriff’s Office) or 910-592-3105 (Clinton Police). Individuals can also text anonymous tips to the Clinton PD at 847411, beginning text with tipcpd.