(The public reports listed below are provided by the Sampson County Sheriff’s Office, the Clinton Police Department and the N.C. Highway Patrol via the Sheriff’s Office daily jail report.)
• July 22 — Robert C. Howell, 25, of 3440 Green Path Road, Dunn, was charged with simple assault on a female. No bond and court date mentioned in the report.
• July 22 — Shemika N. Eason, 33, of 438 Royal Lane, Clinton, was charged with simple assault. No bond and court date mentioned in report.
• July 22 — Tyler B. Strickland of Newton Grove reported breaking/entering and larceny which occurred at his home on Mt. Olive Highway. A 55 inch flatscreen TV was stolen. The value was $1,300.
• July 22 — James D. Stocks of Turkey reported larceny and vandalism which occurred on Little Acres Lane. The incident occurred when the suspects removed property without the owner’s consent, and damaging the residence. The items stolen included a refrigerator, clothes dryer, and a clothes washing machine. A rental home was also damaged. The total value of the items stolen and the damage is $2,250.
• July 22 — Tyler L. Williams of Salemburg reported a burglary which occurred at his home on Honeycutt Road. The items stolen included a 12 gauge shotgun camoflage; black 243 with a scope and sling; 12 gauge shotgun, slug barrel; .22 caliber rifle, lever action; .22 rifle; 1969 Roseboro Salemburg class ring with black stone; Lakewood High School class ring, gold ring and stone; wedding band gold; gold wedding band; cluster diamond, 1 carat, 11 diamonds; and ruby and diamonds ring. The value of the property was $6,900.
• July 22 — Allison W. Best of Clinton reported a burglary which occurred at a home dwelling on Warren Road in Roseboro According to reports, unknown suspects kicked the rear door and removed items. The items stolen included a weaved basket, assorted gold jewelry. The damaged items included a rear wooden door and a rear door frame. The value of the property and damage was $2,350.
• July 22 — Hugh A. Hobbs II of Roseboro reported a burglary which occurred at his home on Hobbs Road. According to reports, the victim’s front door was forced open. The value of the damaged door and frame was $500.
• July 22 — Delort E. Hobbs of Clinton reported a motor vehicle theft which occurred at his home on Matthis Road. The value of the stolen vehicle was $2,000.
Anyone with information about any of these incidents is asked to call law enforcement at 910-592-4141 (Sheriff’s Office) or 910-592-3105 (Clinton Police). Individuals can also text anonymous tips to the Clinton PD at 847411, beginning text with tipcpd.