(The public reports listed below are provided by the Sampson County Sheriff’s Office, the Clinton Police Department and the N.C. Highway Patrol via the Sheriff’s Office daily jail report.)
• Oct. 9 — Veronica Allynn Alcorta, 30, of 822-B Lisbon St., Clinton, was charged with simple possession of a Schedule VI controlled substance and possession of marijuana paraphernalia. No bond set; court date is Nov. 3.
• Oct. 9 — Lykheim Tyshaun Simmons, 23, of 877 Indian Town Road, Clinton, was charged with possession of firearm by felon and possession of stolen firearm. Bond set at $20,000; court date is Nov. 3.
• Oct. 9 — Tamus McNeil, 19, of 127 Waterhouse Circle, Clinton, was charged with using threatening language on phone. Bond set at $1,000; court date is Nov. 7.
• Oct. 10 — Velmore Parker, 75, of 511 Southeast Blvd., Clinton, was charged with communicating threats. Bond set at $500; court date is Oct. 31.
• Oct. 10 — James Barry Middleton, 51, of 106 Fairfax Circle, Jacksonville, was charged with driving while impaired, reckless driving to endanger, driving while license revoked, exceeding posted speed limit, failing to maintain lane control, resist, delay and obstruct, possession of drug paraphernalia and misdemeanor possession of Schedule II controlled substance. Bond set at $2,500; court date is Nov. 1.
• Oct. 11 — James John McLamb, 47, of 308 Herring St., Clinton, was charged with larceny-shoplifting. Bond set at $500; court date is Nov. 8.
• Oct. 11 — Candice Danielle Canady, 32, of 213 Cranberry Lane, Clinton, was charged with second degree trespass. No bond set; court date is Oct. 23.
• Oct. 11 — Tavis Rachae Autry, 23, of 469 Ezzell Road, Clinton, was charged with larceny. Bond set at $500; court date is Nov. 2.
Anyone with information about any of these incidents is asked to call law enforcement at 910-592-4141 (Sheriff’s Office) or 910-592-3105 (Clinton Police). Individuals can also text anonymous tips to the Clinton PD at 847411, beginning text with tipcpd.