(The public reports listed below are provided by the Sampson County Sheriff’s Office, the Clinton Police Department and the N.C. Highway Patrol via the Sheriff’s Office daily jail report.)
• Oct. 18 — Sheena Marie Wilkes, 34, of 59 Golden Eagle Lane, Clinton, was charged with simple assault. No bond set; court date is Nov. 7.
• Oct. 18 —Philip Michael Thomas Mozee, 28, of 504 Eleanor St., Roseboro, was charged with simple non-physical threat upon an officer, criminal damage to property (vandalism) and escape from custody or resisting arrest. Bond set at $4,500; court date is Nov. 13.
• Oct. 18 — Andre Alterick Montgomery, 33, of 551 Longview Lake Road, Garland, was charged with unauthorized use of conveyance. Bond set at $500; court date is Nov. 9.
• Oct. 18 — Joe Worley of Salemburg reported the theft of a dirt bike, valued at $3,000, from his property.
• Oct. 18 — Donald Stokes of Magnolia reported the larceny of his hemp crop. Approximately 150 plants were reportedly valued at $90,000.
Anyone with information about any of these incidents is asked to call law enforcement at 910-592-4141 (Sheriff’s Office) or 910-592-3105 (Clinton Police). Individuals can also text anonymous tips to the Clinton PD at 847411, beginning text with tipcpd.