(The public reports listed below are provided by the Sampson County Sheriff’s Office, the Clinton Police Department and the N.C. Highway Patrol via the Sheriff’s Office daily jail report.)
• Aug. 10 — Richard A. Rhodes, 44, of 8130 N. Highway 421, Clinton, was charged with larceny. Bond set at $500; court date Aug. 24.
• Aug. 10 — Tiesha N. Jacobs, 22, of 611 Eastover Terrace, Clinton, was charged with simple non-physical assault. Bond set at $6,000; court date is Sept. 1.
• Aug. 10 — Larry E. Yaw of Autryville and Jeff Faircloth of Clinton were the victims of burglary and larceny which occurred on East Pleasant Street, Roseboro. The items stolen included a circle saw, reciprocating saw, drill, two battery chargers and one drill bit/tool set. The items were valued at $750. The case is under investigation.
• Aug. 10 — Elmon Williams of Clinton was the victim of fraud which occurred at his home on Beaman Woods Road, Clinton. A suspect wrote a $3,850 check using the victims account.
• Aug. 10 — Chris Pittman of Dunn was the victim of burglary – forced entry which occurred at his home on Roy C. Jackson Road. Items stolen included a weedeater, straight shaft trimmer, bent shaft edger, back pack blower, hand held blower and back pack sprayer. The value of the items were $1,290. The case is under investigation.
Anyone with information about any of these incidents is asked to call law enforcement at 910-592-4141 (Sheriff’s Office) or 910-592-3105 (Clinton Police). Individuals can also text anonymous tips to the Clinton PD at 847411, beginning text with tipcpd.