(The public reports listed below are provided by the Sampson County Sheriff’s Office, the Clinton Police Department and the N.C. Highway Patrol via the Sheriff’s Office daily jail report.)
• Aug. 12 — Amiya Best, 18, of 253 Faison Highway, Apt. 52, Clinton, was charged with vandalism. No bond set; court date is Aug. 18
• Aug. 12 — Harrison T. Lambert, 23, of 743 Vander Road, Autryville, was charged with obtaining money/property by false pretense. Bond set at $5,000; court date is Sept. 18.
• Aug. 12 — Paige E. Maynard, 27, of 803 Murphy Road, Clinton, was charged with eight counts of felony forgery-using-uttering and eight counts of forgery-endorsement. Bond set at $30,000; court date is Aug. 28.
• Aug. 12 — Michael D. Alexander, 45, of 440 Johnston Highway, Newton Grove, was charged on Duplin County warrant with failure to report a new address as a sex offender. Bond set at $20,000; court date is Sept. 22.
• Aug. 12 — Johnny R. Bain, 40, of 202 W. Clinton St., Roseboro, was charged with assault by pointing a gun. Bond set at $1,000; court date is Sept. 15.
• Aug. 12 — Rachel M. Faircloth, 43, of 60 David Lane, Clinton, was charged with making harassing phone calls. Bond set at $1,000; court date is Sept. 3.
• Aug. 12 — Shawn A. McNair, 28, of 5113 Arizona Court, Fayetteville, was charged with second degree trespassing. Bond set at $1,500; court date is Aug. 8.
• Aug. 12 — Romelus Michelson of Salemburg was the victim of larceny which occurred on NE Main St., Salemburg. Items were stolen from a storage locker. A cell phone, identification card and social security card was stolen. The total value is $600.
• Aug. 12 — Timothy L. Brown of Roseboro was the victim of motor vehicle theft, which occurred on Old Mintz Highway, Roseboro. A four-wheel recreational vehicle was stolen. The value was $2,200.
• Aug. 12 — Shomona S. Lofton and Larenda E. Lofton of Clinton were the victims of breaking and entering at their home on Auctioneer Road, Clinton. Some of the items stolen included computer hardware/software, DVD players and jewelry. The total value of the items were $1,750.
• Aug. 12 — Asplundh Tree Cutting Services was the victim of larceny which occurred at a convenience store on Plain View Highway, Dunn. A truck tailgate was stolen. The value of the property is $800.
• Aug. 12 — Natalie J. Salinski of Autryville was the victim of burglary, which occurred at her home on Madeline Lane. A door and frame was damaged. The value was $500.
Anyone with information about any of these incidents is asked to call law enforcement at 910-592-4141 (Sheriff’s Office) or 910-592-3105 (Clinton Police). Individuals can also text anonymous tips to the Clinton PD at 847411, beginning text with tipcpd.