(The public reports listed below are provided by the Sampson County Sheriff’s Office, the Clinton Police Department and the N.C. Highway Patrol via the Sheriff’s Office daily jail report.)
• May 9 — Joseph Charles Toman III, 55, of 46 Junious Lucas Road, Clinton, was charged with misdemeanor larceny. Bond set at $1,000; court date is June 8.
• May 9 — Lugenia Faison of Clinton reported the theft of prescription sunglasses, valued at $500, as well as cash. Damage to two windows was estimated at $550.
• May 9 — Sun Rise Properties of Dunn reported damage to a bedroom window and a refrigerator stolen a Godwin-area residence. Damage was estimated at $400 and the fridge was valued at $500.
• May 9 — Michael Kratzer of Clinton was said to be the victim of theft of numerous items, reportedly taken from his vehicle just after the victim died. Stolen were two firearms, a power tool set, a weedeater and a black leather motorcycle riding coat. Items were valued at $1,645.
• May 9 — O’Brien Transportation Inc. of Arkansas was the victim of theft. A 53-foot trailer, valued at $25,000, was stolen from Turkey Highway, Clinton.
Anyone with information about any of these incidents is asked to call law enforcement at 910-592-4141 (Sheriff’s Office) or 910-592-3105 (Clinton Police). Individuals can also text anonymous tips to the Clinton PD at 847411, beginning text with tipcpd.