(The public reports listed below are provided by the Sampson County Sheriff’s Office, the Clinton Police Department and the N.C. Highway Patrol via the Sheriff’s Office daily jail report.)
• Aug.6 — Steed M. Kirven, 31, of 201 Warsaw Road, was charged with one count of felony possession pseudoephedrine with prior meth conviction. Bond set at $2,500; court date is Aug. 14.
• Aug. 6 — Onzie P. Cox, 22, of 1054 Tyndall Grove Road, Clinton, was charged with simple physical assault. No bond set; court date is Aug. 25.
• Aug. 6 — Selena N. Anders, 23, of 570 Pearson Road, Clinton was charged with simple physical assault. No bond set; court date is Aug. 25.
• Aug. 6 — Elmond C. West of Dunn was the victim of larceny and forgery, which occurred at his home on Aman Dairy Road. The incident occurred when items were removed from his property. Items stolen included a trimmer and a wheel charger. The value of the property is $800 and the incident is under investigation.
• Aug. 6 — Jimmy G. Tew of Clinton was the victim of larceny from a motor vehicle which occurred at his home on Hobbton Highway, Clinton. A 9mm semi-automatic handgun was stolen from the vehicle. The value of the weapon is $500.
Anyone with information about any of these incidents is asked to call law enforcement at 910-592-4141 (Sheriff’s Office) or 910-592-3105 (Clinton Police). Individuals can also text anonymous tips to the Clinton PD at 847411, beginning text with tipcpd.