A 46-year-old woman returned to her northern Sampson County home Monday evening to find two barns in her backyard on fire.
According to reports from the Sampson County Sheriff’s Office, the woman came back to her residence, located in the 1000 block of Alderman Mill Road just north of Spivey’s Corner, around 8:40 p.m. and immediately noticed her two wooden barns were engulfed in flames.
The woman told investigators she did not know how the fire started, noting that both were standing when she left the house earlier in the evening.
After both fires were extinguished, Sampson County Emergency Management Service investigators discovered, and later determined, that a faulty electrical cord started the fire in one barn and eventually spread to the second one.
No injuries were reported in the incident and no damage estimates were available.
To reach Doug Clark call 910-592-8137 ext. 123 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.