(The public reports listed below are provided by the Sampson County Sheriff’s Office, the Clinton Police Department and the N.C. Highway Patrol via the Sheriff’s Office daily jail report.)
• May 19 — Joseph Chavez, 18, of 1600 Lakewood School Road, Salemburg, was charged with assault on a female, false imprisonment and cyberstalking. Bond set at $5,000 secured; court date is June 11.
• May 19 — Justin Michael Gaddy, 21, of 77 Ten Acre Lane, Clinton, was charged with second degree trespassing. Bond set at $1,000; court date is June 15.
• May 19 — Alexander Pergerson of Youngsville reported vehicle break-in, with cash, a stereo and a pair of shoes among items taken. Items valued at $685.
• May 19 — Christopher Armwood of Clinton reported the theft of a stove, valued at $475.
• May 19 — Robert Tew of Roseboro reported numerous rims stolen, valued at $1,225.