(The public reports listed below are provided by the Sampson County Sheriff’s Office, the Clinton Police Department and the N.C. Highway Patrol via the Sheriff’s Office daily jail report.)
• May 20 — Robert William Ratliff Jr., 35, of 49 Crescent Pond Lane, Autryville, was charged with simple assault, simple non-physical assault and criminal damage to property (vandalism). Bond set at $5,000; court date is July 14.
• May 20 — Joseph Brandon Whaley Fussell Sr., 23, of 395 Devond Tew Road, Roseboro, was charged with assault by strangulation. No bond set; court date is May 22.
• May 20 — Ryan Patrick Krysiak, 25, of 414 Horn Road, Wilmington, was charged with possession of a Schedule II controlled substance. Bond set at $5,000; court date is May 22.
• May 20 — Roy Tew of Roseboro reported theft of a Honda motorcycle motor, a Saturn 5-speed transmission and a 600 fuel injection motor, valued at $3,000.
• May 20 — Billy Smith of Newton Grove reported $900 in damage to two satellite dishes.