The weather is hot but the Sampson Community Theatre is cool which allows the cast of “The Carol Burnette Show” to rehearse nightly at 7 p.m. and on Saturday morning and Sunday afternoon. Six skits are being rehearsed at the present time but if more actors show up that number could go higher. The director reports that there are currently extras needed for at least one skit as well as backstage workers so don’t be bashful, come on down and help us get this show ready for audiences in late August.
We are proud to announce that Les Souza, a stage veteran and a crowd favorite, has joined the cast of “The Carol Burnette Show.” We look forward to Les exhibiting his talents on stage once again.
The annual summer Drama Camp will be held Aug. 3-17 under the direction of Angela Martin. If you have a child or grandchild who would like to learn more about the inside-outs of acting contact Angela by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org for an application which she will forward to you.
• Annual Summer Drama Camp-Aug. 13-17. E-mail email@example.com for an applicartion. Only a few spaces remain.
• “The Carol Burnette Show”-Rehearsals ongoing. Productions Aug. 24, 25, 26, 31 and Sept. 1 and 2. A Patron Sponsor event.
•”Nuncrackers”-Auditions Saturday Sept 1 at 10am. Performances Nov. 9-11 and 16-18. A Patron Sponsor event.
•”A Christmas Carol”-Auditions Oct 27. Performances Dec. 7-9 and 14-16. A Patron Sponsor event.
•Theater Rental-“The Elves And The Shoemaker” performed by the Sampson Little Players and directed by Lucy Lockamy on Aug. 3 at 7 p.m. and Aug. 4 at 2 p.m.
• NOT a Patron Sponsor event.
Thoughts until next week
• Do not condemn the judgment of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.
• Truth does not change because it is, or is not, believed by a majority of the people.
• A mistake only becomes a failure when you repeat it.