The Sampson Community Theatre will be presenting “The Carol Burnett Show” in only two weeks. Two members of the cast, Sue Blanchard and Bettie Williams, are newcomers to being on stage but are eagerly awaiting their first performance in front of an audience.
Sue grew up in Daytona Beach, Fla, finished high school there and then got married. She and her husband have been busy running their farm located between Warsaw and Turkey ever since . She has a son and a daughter and is blessed with three grandchildren. Sue loves to garden, take care of her horses, loves to travel and read suspense novels. She has always wanted to be on stage but this is the first time she has found things falling in place for her.
Bettie Williams grew up in Clinton, got married and moved to Rhode Island where she worked as a social worker. She retired six years ago as a probation and patrol officer and since she still had family in Clinton returned to her roots. Bettie has two sons, one in Florida and one in Rhode Island. She enjoys golfing, gardening, knitting and other crafts, and is a fan of authors John Jakes and James Michener and reads a lot of fiction based on fact. She and Sue indulged their love of traveling this summer when they traveled together to visit states from Texas to North Dakota. Bettie has always felt an itch to perform on stage and she has been a season ticket holder at the Sampson Community Theatre since she returned to her hometown. You do not want to miss seeing Sue and Bettie as they experience a new happening in their lives on the big stage.
The Annual Summer Drama Camp begins this Monday, Aug. 13 under the direction of Angela Martin. If you have not signed your child or grandchild up yet, send an e-mail to email@example.com and see if any spaces remain.
• Annual Summer Drama Camp-Aug. 13-17. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for an application.
• “The Carol Burnett Show”-Rehearsals ongoing. Productions Aug. 24, 25, 26, 31 and Sept 1 and 2. A Patron Sponsor event.
• “Nuncrackers”-Auditions Saturday Sept. 1 at 10 a.m. Directed by Sandra Clifton. Performances Nov. 9-11 and 16-18. A Patron Sponsor event.
• “A Christmas Carol”-Auditions Oct. 27. Performances Dec. 7-9 and 14-16. A Patron Sponsor event.
Thoughts until next week
• Life isn’t tied with a bow….but it’s still a gift.
• Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
• The nicest thing about the future is….that it always starts tomorrow.