“Nuncrackers: The Nunsense Christmas Musical” is in hard rehearsals at the present time and the director, Sandra Clifton, is generously allowing the cast to practice only on several weekday evenings and some weekend days in order to allow the teachers and students of our local schools in the cast to participate in their band activities and band competitions. It is expected the rehearsal schedule will toughen after Friday night football games are concluded and as the days until the opening on Nov. 2 get fewer.
Because of a scheduling conflict, the role of Sister Robert Ann is being shared by Mary Thompson and Angela Martin. Angela is very active in the Sampson Community Theatre acting and directing, in addition to her roles as drama teacher at Hobbton High, private voice teacher and choir director at her church. Mary is a senior at Hobbton High and has already received a scholarship to study at Methodist College after she graduates.
Oliviyah Moore has the role of “Louise” in “Nuncrackers.” She is a fourth grader at Sunset Avenue and loves to read. This is her first time in an acting role outside a few church plays. She is enjoying the experience and plans to do more in the future.
Danielle Johnson, who has been seen on our stage in “Aladdin,” “Dogs,” “The Sound Of Music” and who starred in our production of “Annie” has, after 18 auditions, earned the major role of “Cindy Lou” in the Broadway production of “How The Grinch Stole Christmas” which opens in Boston Nov. 23 through Dec. 9 and then moves to Madison Square Garden Dec. 13 through Dec. 30. We are very proud of Danielle and wish her great success in her promising future.
The granite blocks under the theater’s marquee may be purchased as an honorarium, a memorial or to advertise your business. The blocks are cemented into the sidewalk and should be there into the next century or more. Contact us by calling 592-8653 and leave us a message for more information.
The Sampson Community Theatre is on the website Facebook and you may read about some of our ongoing activities by going to the site.
• “Nuncrackers” in rehearsals. Directed by Sandra Clifton. Performances Nov. 2, 3. 4 and 9, 10, 11. A patron sponsor event.
• A Christmas Carol” directed by Dan Holland. Auditions Oct. 20 at 10 a.m. Performances Nov.30, Dec. 1, 2 and 7, 8, 9. Sponsored by Matthews Drugs and Jordan Shopping Center. A patron sponsor event.
• “Hairspray” directed by Angela Martin. Auditions Saturday, Nov. 24 at 10 a.m. Performances Feb. 1-3 and 8-10, 2013.
2013 Season (assuming we can obtain rights)
Crimes of the Heart
SCT Children’s Theater workshop
The Wizard of Oz
Lose on the Fourth of July
It’s a Wonderful Life
Thoughts until next week:
• Education is for improving the lives of others and for making your community and world a better place than you found it.
• What a person is contributes more to their happiness than what they have or how they are regarded by others.
• Many people quit looking for work when they find a job.