Spring cleaning is all about getting a fresh start, and it’s a great time to make sure you’re getting the most out of your phone or tablet. A simple check-up on your mobile device can maximize its functionality to help simplify and organize your life.
Whether you have a smartphone, tablet or feature phone, all devices can benefit from some spring cleaning. Clearing out storage space and organizing your phone will help you keep the most important information at your fingertips.
Wireless users with cutting-edge devices, such as the 4G LTE Samsung Galaxy S III or 4G LTE Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1, or those with a feature phone can benefit from these tips from U.S. Cellular to give the device a fresh feel for spring:
• Clean out your contacts. Deleting old or duplicate entries in your phone’s address book will free up storage space and save you time when finding contact information.
• Upgrade your storage. You can add space to your phone through portable SD cards. Additional storage will help you keep even more of your favorite photos and apps right at your fingertips.
• Delete unused apps. Whether you downloaded apps for a specific task or for entertainment, there are likely apps on your phone that you no longer need or use. Taking a moment to delete them will free up space so you can download new apps, music or take photos or video. And when you want to download new apps, it’s easy with the 4G LTE network, with data speeds that are up to 10 times faster than 3G.
• Back up your phone. Cloud technology makes it easier than ever to back-up your photos, music, contacts and more, allowing you to delete items on your phone you no longer need. By using cloud technology, you can access files and documents from anywhere and save files to the cloud for a secure back up. U.S. Cellular customers can also utilize the free My Contacts Backup service, which automatically protects the valuable contact information stored in your mobile phone and allows customers to easily transfer mobile contacts to a new phone. All backup functions occur wirelessly, so customers don’t even need to plug their phone in to a computer.
• Dim the screen. Changing the brightness of your screen is a simple thing you can do that you may not even notice once you’ve made the change. Dimming the brightness of the screen, even slightly, can help prolong your phone’s battery life.
• Manage your text and email inboxes. Chances are that you don’t need those texts or emails from months ago that are still saved in your inbox. Cleaning out your email and text messages makes finding the information you need easier and is a quick way to free up space.
• Give your phone a fresh look and sound. Download some new widgets to make better use of your phone’s clock, weather, or date displays. Change up your wallpaper, the backdrop for all of your app icons and widgets, using photos from your gallery or the numerous wallpaper apps available in the Google Play store. Ringtones and notifications are easy to change as well.
• Review your data usage and plan. Depending on how much you text, email and access the Internet from your phone, there may be a more cost-effective plan to fit your needs. U.S. Cellular associates are available in-store or over the phone to ensure you are on the right plan.
4G LTE service provided through King Street Wireless, a partner of U.S. Cellular. LTE is a trademark of ETSI.