(The public reports listed below are provided by the Sampson County Sheriff’s Office, the Clinton Police Department and the N.C. Highway Patrol via the Sheriff’s Office daily jail report.)
• Aug. 8 — Rodney Derrick Williams, 28, of 124 Bulldog Lane, Roseboro, was charged with misdemeanor larceny and failure to appear on a charge of resisting public officer. Bond set at $500; court date is Aug. 29.
• Aug. 8 — Brent Antwain McCollum, 24, of 710 McKoy St., Clinton, was charged with interfering with electronic monitor device, as well as failure to appear on charges of breaking and entering, larceny and possession of stolen goods. Bond set at $40,000; court date is Aug. 12.
• Aug. 8 — Doug Williams Jr., 34, of 1734 N. Salemburg Hwy., Salemburg, was charged with communicating threats. Bond set at $1,000; court date is Sept. 6.
• Aug. 8 — Marques Reeves Goodman, 36, of 21 Palm Lane, Faison, was charged with assault on a female and possession of marijuana up to half an ounce. Bond set at $250; court date is Aug. 23.
• Aug. 8 — Jesus Pedraza of Autryville reported the theft of a 2009 Ford Mustang, valued at $15,000, from a Clinton property.
Anyone with information about any of these incidents is asked to call law enforcement at 910-592-4141 (Sheriff’s Office) or 910-592-3105 (Clinton Police). Individuals can also text anonymous tips to the Clinton PD at 847411, beginning text with tipcpd.