(The public reports listed below are provided by the Sampson County Sheriff’s Office, the Clinton Police Department and the N.C. Highway Patrol via the Sheriff’s Office daily jail report.)
• Dec. 28 — Alonza James Vann, 28, of 101 Hayes Court, Clinton, was charged with assault on a female and communicating threats. No bond set; court date is Jan. 17.
• Dec. 28 — Henry Landon Tew, 44, of 399 Laurel Lake Road, Godwin, was charged with communicating threats. Written promise; court date is Jan. 18.
• Dec. 28 — Richard Conway Moore, 57, of 380 Moore Herring Lane, Clinton, was charged with assault on a female. No bond set; court date is Jan. 17.
• Dec. 28 — Marcus Jerome Monk, 35, of 113 Jupiter Drive, Dunn, was charged on out-of-county warrants with assault on a female. No bond set; court date is Jan. 27.
• Dec. 28 — Patricia Jean Moore, 56, of 380 Moore Herring Lane, Clinton, was charged with simple assault. No bond set; court date is Jan. 17.
• Dec. 29 — Ronald Letrail Joyner, 33, of 40 E. Fourth St., Garland, was charged with motor vehicle theft, possessing/concealing stolen property, larceny-shoplifting and two counts of violation of a protective order. Bond set at $12,000; court date is Jan. 13.
• Dec. 29 — Christopher Hill, 35, of 385 Sampson Acres Drive, Clinton, was charged with criminal damage to property (vandalism). Bond set at $500; court date is Jan. 17.
• Dec. 29 — Terry Lynette Melvin, 51, of 2551 Old Mintz Hwy., Roseboro, was charged with resisting public officer and assault on an officer. Bond set at $5,500; court date is Jan. 26.
• Dec. 28 — Four Oaks Bank in Harrells was the victim of a break-in. There were three windows and a security door. Damage was estimated at $5,000.
• Dec. 28 — Cesar Manzo of Autryville reported items removed from an open shed, including several power tools, including drills, a saw and grinder, and other miscellaneous hand tools. Items were valued at $618.
• Dec. 29 — Billy Hinson Jr. of Salemburg reported a charging machine, two subwoofers and two music speakers stolen from his residence. Items valued at $575.
Anyone with information about any of these incidents is asked to call law enforcement at 910-592-4141 (Sheriff’s Office) or 910-592-3105 (Clinton Police). Individuals can also text anonymous tips to the Clinton PD at 847411, beginning text with tipcpd.