(The public reports listed below are provided by the Sampson County Sheriff’s Office, the Clinton Police Department and the N.C. Highway Patrol via the Sheriff’s Office daily jail report.)
• June 23 — Marlo Gray, 45, of 10279 Garland Highway, Clinton, was charged with driving while impaired – alcohol and/or drugs. Bond set at $1,000; court date July 15.
• June 24 — Wilson Beard Jr., 28, of 8789 Harnett Dunn Hwy., Dunn, was charged with misuse of 911 system. Bond set at $500; court date is July 16.
• June 24 — Larusha Ann Venable, 39, of 175 Tornado Lane, Clinton, was charged with trespassing. Bond set at $1,000; court date is July 14.
• June 24 — Timothy Richard Lucas, 34, of 125 Lee’s Chapel Church Road, Dunn, was charged with domestic violence protective order violation. No bond set; court date is July 7.
• June 24 — Leon Fitzgerald Davis, 50, of 1180 Glover Road, Dunn, was charged on out-of-county warrants with two counts of cyberstalking and one count of communicating threats. No bond set; court date is July 10.
• June 24 — Ernest Lee Chance Jr., 20, of 4505 Dunn Road, Eastover, was charged with assault on a child under 12, as well as possession of drug paraphernalia and possession of marijuana. Bond set at $5,500; court date is July 29.
• June 24 — Vanessa Star Royal, 31, of 4170 Hayne Stretch Road, Roseboro, was charged with fraud disposal of mortgage property and simple possession of marijuana. No bond set; court date is July 14.
• June 23 — Rhonda Carter of Salemburg was the victim of a canine bite on Goodrich St. in Salemburg. Carter was walking her dog when a neighbors dog came out and bit her left elbow.
• June 24 — Ashley and Jeffery Klaiss of Newton Grove reported theft of items from residence, including a Chevy truck with lift kit, two 4-wheelers, a car trailer, laptop computer and two small TVs. Items valued at $71,450.