(The public reports listed below are provided by the Sampson County Sheriff’s Office, the Clinton Police Department and the N.C. Highway Patrol via the Sheriff’s Office daily jail report.)
• April 10 — James Lee Bailey, 18, of 450 Doc Highsmith Lane, Roseboro, was charged with sexual battery. Bond set at $500; court date is April 24.
• April 10 — Craig Dalton, 37, of 1020 Edmond Mathis Road, Clinton, was charged with larceny. Bond set at $600; court date is May 4.
• April 10 — Brittany Leann Williams, 17, of 192 Doc Highsmith Lane, Roseboro, was charged with simple assault. Bond set at $500; court date is May 4.
• April 10 — Kevin Glendale Ruffin, 30, of 159 Harper Glen Lane, Clinton, was charged on out-of-county warrant with unauthorized use of a motor vehicle. Bond set at $500; court date is May 15.
• April 10 — Aurolio Carrasquillo Osorio, 47, of 19 Wildflower Lane, Clinton, was charged with assault on a female and resisting a public officer. No bond set; court date is May 9.
• April 10 — Jorge Alexander Ruiz, 26, of 2064 Basstown Road, Clinton, was charged with two counts of assault on a female. No bond set; court date is May 9.
• April 10 — South River EMC was the victim of theft, in which copper was stolen from a substation in the Clinton-area. The copper was valued at $3,000. Damage to a chain link fence was estimated at $150.
• April 10 — Sylvia Butler of Clinton reported power tools and a weed eater/edger combo stolen from a storage building. Items valued at $950.
Anyone with information about any of these incidents is asked to call law enforcement at 910-592-4141 (Sheriff’s Office) or 910-592-3105 (Clinton Police). Individuals can also text anonymous tips to the Clinton PD at 847411, beginning text with tipcpd.