(The public reports listed below are provided by the Sampson County Sheriff’s Office, the Clinton Police Department and the N.C. Highway Patrol via the Sheriff’s Office daily jail report.)
• April 11 — Erik Timothy Smith, 39, of 403 Marlowe Drive, Dunn, was charged with possession of a Schedule VI controlled substance. Bond set at $500; court date is May 17.
• April 11 — William Joseph House, 32, of 160 Sunny Lane, Godwin, was charged with driving while impaired, simple possession of a Schedule IV controlled substance and simple possession of marijuana. Bond set at $1,500; court date is May 9.
• April 11 — Messiah Taylor, 16, of 3095 Brewer Road, Faison, was charged with disorderly conduct- by disruption of students. Bond set at $1,000; court date is May 9.
• April 11 — Carl Davis Jones, 26, of 136 Lenora Lane, Roseboro, was charged with speeding and reckless driving to endanger. Bond set at $1,500; court date is April 24.
• April 11 — Craig Michael Dalton, 37, of 1020 Edmond Mathis Road, Clinton, was charged with larceny by removing, destroying or deactivating a component of an anti-shoplifting device. Bond set at $5,000; court date is April 21.
• April 11 — James Bryant Laird Jr., 28, of 720 Pine Forest School Road, Roseboro, was charged with unauthorized use of a motor vehicle. Written promise; court date is April 26.
• April 11 — Deloris J. Monroe, 35, of 400 W. Boney St., Clinton, was charged with larceny by employee. Bond set at $2,500; court date is April 21.
• April 10 — Dollar General of Clinton was the victim of theft. A shopping cart, reportedly valued at $500, along with bags of dog food valued at $40, were stolen.
• April 11 — Bobcat Farms of Clinton was the victim in the theft of a 16-foot utility trailer, valued at $3,000.
• April 11 — Felicia Dicken of Dunn reported the larceny of a dirt bike, valued at $1,800, from her property.
• April 11 — Stephanie Fisher of Roseboro reported the larceny of a dirt bike, valued at $2,000, and an ATV tire, valued at $200.
Anyone with information about any of these incidents is asked to call law enforcement at 910-592-4141 (Sheriff’s Office) or 910-592-3105 (Clinton Police). Individuals can also text anonymous tips to the Clinton PD at 847411, beginning text with tipcpd.