(The public reports listed below are provided by the Sampson County Sheriff’s Office, the Clinton Police Department and the N.C. Highway Patrol via the Sheriff’s Office daily jail report.)
• April 18 — Shania Shaunte Baylor, 29, of 2557 HB Lewis Road, Clinton, was charged with child abuse (non-assaultive). Bond set at $2,500; court date is May 9.
• April 18 — Christopher Hill, 35, of 385 Sampson Acres Drive, Clinton, was charged with assault with a deadly weapon inflicting serious injury, assault on a female and injury to personal property. Bond set at $25,000; court date is May 19.
• April 18 — Edwin Lloyd Matthis, 29, of 1290 Belvoir School Road, Clinton, was charged with domestic violence protective order violation. No bond set; court date is May 2.
• April 18 — Sandra Smith of Roseboro reported a break-in to a storage building, with a 12-gauge shotgun and rifle stolen. Items valued at $500.
• April 18 — Robert Peterson of Clinton reported theft of electric wires, valued at $4,000.
Anyone with information about any of these incidents is asked to call law enforcement at 910-592-4141 (Sheriff’s Office) or 910-592-3105 (Clinton Police). Individuals can also text anonymous tips to the Clinton PD at 847411, beginning text with tipcpd.