(The public reports listed below are provided by the Sampson County Sheriff’s Office, the Clinton Police Department and the N.C. Highway Patrol via the Sheriff’s Office daily jail report.)
• May 13 — Wesley Adam Smith, 27, of 166 Holiday Lane, Newton Grove, was charged with simple possession of marijuana, driving while impaired and left of center. Bond set at $1,500; court date is June 28.
• May 13 — Martin Garcia, 39, of 6240 Kennel Road, Wade, was charged with trespassing and communicating threats. Bond set at $5,000; court date is June 13.
• May 13 — Austin James Swinson, 17, of 2502 Wildcat Road, Harrells, was charged with injury to personal property, possession of drug paraphernalia and drug violations. Bond set at $4,000; court date is June 16.
• May 14 — Kyle Aaron Morgan, 45, of 18 Dodge Lane, Dunn, was charged on out-of-county warrant with obtaining property by false pretense. No bond set; court date is May 19.
• May 12 — Williams Melvin of Clinton reported various hand and power tools taken from an outbuilding. Items valued at $775.
• May 12 — Enrique Ambriz of Clinton reported four chrome rims and tires, valued at $2,200, taken from his carport.
Anyone with information about any of these incidents is asked to call law enforcement at 910-592-4141 (Sheriff’s Office) or 910-592-3105 (Clinton Police). Individuals can also text anonymous tips to the Clinton PD at 847411, beginning text with tipcpd.