(The public reports listed below are provided by the Sampson County Sheriff’s Office, the Clinton Police Department and the N.C. Highway Patrol via the Sheriff’s Office daily jail report.)
• July 25 — William Shane Powell, 52, of 85 Birdy Lane, Garland, was charged with breaking and entering, larceny after breaking and entering and possessing/concealing stolen property. Bond set at $20,000; court date is July 28.
• July 25 — Frederick Douglas Starkes, 26, of 223 Dogwood Circle, Clinton, was charged with larceny-shoplifting. Bond set at $1,500; court date is Aug. 16.
• July 25 — Geraldo Garcia, 22, of 114 Underwood St., Clinton, was charged with assault on a female. No bond set; court date is Aug. 15.
• July 25 — Sherita Tanequa McNeil, 26, of 316-A Jacobs St., Clinton, was charged with stalking. Bond set at $1,000; court date is Aug. 29.
• July 25 — Latoya Charlene Simmons, 22, of 235 Clive Jacobs Road, Clinton, was charged with communicating threats and simple assault. Bond set at $500; court date is Aug. 15.
• July 25 — Timothy Shawn Johnson, 48, of 540 Edgar St., Clinton, was charged with three counts of habitual larceny and three counts of misdemeanor larceny. Bond set at $15,000; court date is July 28.
Anyone with information about any of these incidents is asked to call law enforcement at 910-592-4141 (Sheriff’s Office) or 910-592-3105 (Clinton Police). Individuals can also text anonymous tips to the Clinton PD at 847411, beginning text with tipcpd.