(The public reports listed below are provided by the Sampson County Sheriff’s Office, the Clinton Police Department and the N.C. Highway Patrol via the Sheriff’s Office daily jail report.)
• July 26 — Jamey Glenn Gilbert, 40, of 277 E. N.C. 27 Hwy., Lillington, was charged on out-of-county warrants with larceny and possessing/concealing stolen property. Bond set at $25,000; court date is Aug. 8.
• July 26 — Shelton Laverene Douglas, 48, of 140 Earl Franklin Drive, Hamlet, was charged with misdemeanor larceny, habitual larceny and resisting public officer. Bond set at $15,000; court date is July 28.
• July 26 — Latoya Charlene Simmons, 22, of 235 Clive Jacobs Road, Clinton, was charged with simple assault. Bond set at $500; court date is Aug. 15.
• July 27 — James Floyd McLamb, 45, of 611 Grant St., Charleston, W.V., was charged with possession of cocaine and possession of marijuana up to half an ounce. Bond set at $5,000; court date is July 28.
• July 26 — Peter Holloway of Ivanhoe reported the theft of a laptop computer, gold ring and pack of soap, valued together at about $500.
• July 26 — Jordan Melvin of Roseboro reported the larceny of a gym bag, which contained his cell phone, valued at $650. The bag was valued at $25.
Anyone with information about any of these incidents is asked to call law enforcement at 910-592-4141 (Sheriff’s Office) or 910-592-3105 (Clinton Police). Individuals can also text anonymous tips to the Clinton PD at 847411, beginning text with tipcpd.