(The public reports listed below are provided by the Sampson County Sheriff’s Office, the Clinton Police Department and the N.C. Highway Patrol via the Sheriff’s Office daily jail report.)
• July 29 — Fransisco Jose Martinez, 37, of 2880 Moseley Ave., Clinton, was charged with driving while impaired and no operator’s license. Bond set at $500; court date is Aug. 22.
• July 29 — Stephen Edward Townsend, 47, of 168 Nathan Dudley Road, Clinton, was charged with assault on a female. No bond set; court date is Aug. 22.
• July 29 — Ashlee Angelina Gutierrez, 31, of 200 Church St., Salemburg, was charged with assault and battery. No bond set; court date is Aug. 15.
• July 30 — Joshua Leon Boykin, 31, of 402 Lakewood School Road, Salemburg, was charged with speeding 75 mph in a 55 zone, operating a vehicle with no insurance, driving while license revoked, no insurance and failure to register motor vehicle. Bond set at $750; court date is Aug. 22.
• July 29 — Durwood and Jeanette Fox of Clinton reported damage to their Chevrolet Impala, with two handguns and four decorative knives stolen. The items were valued at $1,350. Damage to the automobile was estimated at $1,000.
Anyone with information about any of these incidents is asked to call law enforcement at 910-592-4141 (Sheriff’s Office) or 910-592-3105 (Clinton Police). Individuals can also text anonymous tips to the Clinton PD at 847411, beginning text with tipcpd.