(The public reports listed below are provided by the Sampson County Sheriff’s Office, the Clinton Police Department and the N.C. Highway Patrol via the Sheriff’s Office daily jail report.)
• Aug. 8 — Cora Lounell Parker, 75, of 117 Oakland Blvd, Clinton, was charged with communicating threats. No bond set; court date is Aug. 29.
• Aug. 9 — Christopher Ray Johnson, 38, of 400 Pine Loop Lane, Autryville, was charged with resisting public officer, communicating threats and injury to personal property. Bond set at $1,500; court date is Sept. 7.
• Aug. 9 — Ebony Michelle Bryant, 24, of 721 Browns Church Road, Clinton, was charged with stalking. Bond set at $1,000; court date is Sept. 5.
• Aug. 9 — Paul Edward Gibson, 43, of 275 Usher Lane, Newton Grove, was charged with simple physical assault. No bond set; court date is Sept. 5.
• Aug. 9 — Sheila Underwood of Autryville reported a break-in to her garage with a tiller, push mower and grill stolen. Items valued at $850.
Anyone with information about any of these incidents is asked to call law enforcement at 910-592-4141 (Sheriff’s Office) or 910-592-3105 (Clinton Police). Individuals can also text anonymous tips to the Clinton PD at 847411, beginning text with tipcpd.