(The public reports listed below are provided by the Sampson County Sheriff’s Office, the Clinton Police Department and the N.C. Highway Patrol via the Sheriff’s Office daily jail report.)
• Nov. 8 — Victoria Lynn Townsend, 24, of 1435 Cooper Road, Salemburg, was charged with child abuse (non-assaultive). Bond set at $2,500; court date is Dec. 1.
• Nov. 8 — Melissa Dawn Rich, 29, of 573 Harmony Church Road, Clinton, was charged on out-of-county warrant with unauthorized use of motor vehicle. Bond set at $500; court date is Dec. 1.
• Nov. 8 — Amber Renee James, 27, of 297 Old Store Road, Dunn, was charged on out-of-county warrants with larceny and possession of stolen goods. Bond set at $10,000; court date is Nov. 21.
• Nov. 8 — Chanelle Denise Parker, 23, of 212 Tilghman St., Kenly, was charged on out-of-county warrants with simple assault and injury to personal property. Bond set at $500; court date is Dec. 12.
• Nov. 8 — Amanda Gray Hardison, 29, of 2266 Wintergreen Road, Cove City, N.C., was charged on out-of-county warrants with fraud-obtaining property by false pretense, along with failure to appear on out-of-county drug charges, including felony possession of cocaine, possession of methamphetamine, maintaining a dwelling/vehicle/place for a controlled substance and others. Bond set at $80,000; court date is Dec. 12.
• Nov. 8 — Jennifer Hernandez, 18, of 147 Creekside Hills, Magnolia, was charged with cyberstalking. Bond set at $500; court date is Nov. 28.
• Nov. 8 — Jose Antonio Acosta Mana, 23, of 147 Creekside Lane, Magnolia, was charged with injury to personal property and cyberstalking. Bond set at $1,500; court date is Nov. 28.
• Nov. 8 — Henry Lamb of Apex reported a water pump, valued at $1,000, taken from a Garland property.
• Nov. 8 — The City of Clinton was the victim of damage to property, in which a BB or air-powered gun was reportedly used to damage property at a well site on Clive Jacobs Road. Metal building doors, vent, signs, a breaker box, a plastic light cover and roofing gutter. Damage was estimated at $1,115.
Anyone with information about any of these incidents is asked to call law enforcement at 910-592-4141 (Sheriff’s Office) or 910-592-3105 (Clinton Police). Individuals can also text anonymous tips to the Clinton PD at 847411, beginning text with tipcpd.